Information Collection and Use: The university will not sell or license the information on this web site to others. The university may occasionally share information with affiliates and/or colleagues, but only in support of the purpose for which it has been collected (i.e., conference registration information recorded from an online form may be shared with other sponsoring colleges/universities for the purposes of coordinating conference events, etc.).
- Log Files: The university Web site uses IP addresses to administer the site, track user movement and gather demographic information for aggregate use. The University of St. Thomas does not use IP addresses to link to personally identifiable information.
- Links: The university Web sites contain links to other sites. The University of St. Thomas is not responsible for the privacy practices of those other sites.
- Security: The university takes reasonable precautions to protect Web site users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the Web site, the university strives to protect that information. That information is protected with encryption software (such SSL). The university also makes an effort to protect user information off-line. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secured environment.
- Sharing: The university uses both banks and credit card processing companies to bill users for goods and services. Based upon representations made by these companies, and to the best of the university’s knowledge, these companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
- The university may occasionally partner with another party to provide specific services (e.g., an application service provider, or ASP). At the point of signing on for these services, the university will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. The university informs these parties that they are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Effective date: August 31, 2001
Applies to: University community
Issued by: Computing & Communication Services